As we see the truth in this beautiful hymn, as we look to Jesus, nothing in this world is as bright.
We need to take a little time each day to turn all our thoughts toward Jesus. We all know this, BUT HOW?? What does it mean to turn our eyes upon Jesus?
- GRAB a few minutes of time when there are no distractions. Some examples would be: while in the shower, while driving (without kids in the car), last thing before going to sleep, if you wake up in the middle of the night, first thing in the morning.
- THINK about what Jesus did on the cross – how He suffered and died brutally to pay for all our sins. (John 19)
- DWELL on the fact that He chose us, when we deserved nothing but hell! (Romans 5:8)
- MEDITATE on who we are in Christ – His child, bearing His name; we are a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- FOCUS on the goal – to be conformed to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29)
When we step away from the world for a bit, and turn our eyes, thoughts, minds, and hearts toward Jesus and His work on the cross, nothing in this world can compare.